TheChemicalBrothers.com - Official Forum for The Chemical Brothers: Anyone Having Trouble Accessing "bonus" Web Content? - TheChemicalBrothers.com - Official Forum for The Chemical Brothers

home

Forum

Anyone Having Trouble Accessing "bonus" Web Content?

• 9 Pages
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 1:16 AM

Is anyone out there having issues trying to access the "bonus" web content?

I have put in all my details, but the plug-ins are taking AGES!!!

Help anyone...

Cheers.

• Fan
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 8:33 AM

I didn't even get a "bonus contents card" in my 2LP version, although there is a sticker on the cover saying so. It was mint, factory sealed, bought in a reputable store. I'll guess I'll have to accuire the MP3's in another way if I want to hear the album on something else than my turntable ?

• Fan
  • Pip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

I ordered the LP from amazon and didn't have such a card inside either, although the sticker on the cover said so.
it's a shame really, I was really excited about the bonus material.

maybe they "forgot" to put the cards in on all lps?

maybe something can be done about this?

• Acid child clown
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLeiden

Posted 14 June 2010 - 4:21 PM

Same for me ! I bought the vinyl, but no card inside, despite the sticker saying "Use the card inside to access free mp3's and bonus content".

:|
Roses are red
Violets are blue
And I will rape
Each one of you

View Postinchemwetrust, on 12 August 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

For those who haven't seen them, I only have one thing to say.....Ha Ha!

View PostThePumisher, on 04 September 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

i didn't wear pants at home ;)

#5 Ben_j   User is online

• Chimney Fisting !
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2010 - 7:24 PM

I bought the CD and I have a DVD with it. Suck it losers

• Dissolve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 14 June 2010 - 7:38 PM

the widget wouldnt work for me first of all with my iTunes purchase, prob cause we get it on fri, so the support peeps emailed me and said to try again today, and it worked fine.

i better be one of the 10 to get an iPad! if only to save me the £430 ill spend on one!
Posted Image
Your love keeps lifting me...

Defined a little more formally, "escape velocity" is the initial speed required to go from an initial point in a gravitational potential field to infinity with a residual velocity of zero, with all speeds and velocities measured with respect to the field

• Fan
  • Pip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 2:39 AM

So I just downloaded the new LP via iTunes with all that iTunes LP malarky and what not. I don't really understand what the bonus mp3s are. I've only done a quick comparison and they seem to be the same tracks but recorded at a very low bitrate. I don't get it.

• Acid child clown
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLeiden

Posted 15 June 2010 - 4:13 AM

View PostBen_j, on 14 June 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

I bought the CD and I have a DVD with it. Suck it losers

So did I. I bought both the CD/DVD and the vinyl. But there is no bonus card in my vinyl edition :(
Roses are red
Violets are blue
And I will rape
Each one of you

• dork
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Locationin the valley of the acid clowns

Posted 15 June 2010 - 4:17 AM

It's disappointing these bonus cards were left out of some of the items.

What is the bonus stuff and mp3's, anyway?
be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

• fell asleep from day
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • LocationMelbourne AUS

Posted 15 June 2010 - 4:51 AM

I just had a sticker to tell me which website to go to, not a mention of a card inside. I'm confused though the bonus content just seems to be MP3's of all the Further tracks, no new tracks. Also I tried to rip the CD onto Itunes and funny enough it can't find the album and titles for the tracks! I did have my Internet connected!! Funny...

• Acid child clown
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLeiden

Posted 15 June 2010 - 4:52 AM

View Postwhirlygirl, on 15 June 2010 - 06:17 AM, said:

It's disappointing these bonus cards were left out of some of the items.

What is the bonus stuff and mp3's, anyway?

I think no one has the bonus card, so we can't know.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
And I will rape
Each one of you

• Fan
  • Pip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 7:26 PM

So where can we complain ? I don't want to return the album to the store, they can't magically give me a card if there was none included anyways and I already asked, they weren't sent seperately. I don't want to illegally download the MP3's if I already paid good money for the vinyls and the packaging says the code for MP3 version is included...

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 7:35 PM

Fair ask. I'll be picking up the cd also, so no complaints about the missing mp3s. Is there a dvd with the LP version?
<The C, the H, the E, the M, the I, the C, the A, the L, the brothers! THE BROTHERS!>

• Fan
  • Pip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 8:20 PM

sorry to hear that some of you are having difficulty accessing the bonus material-we will get going on sorting it out....
the bonus stuff includes all the tracks in their separated form,they have slightly different arrangements to the segued album versions so some of you might dig it.also i was unaware that the files were not at least 320 -we'll try and get that improved too as nobody wants to listen to 160 mp3s now do they??!!
cheers
tom

• Dissolve
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 8:42 PM

yeah just gave the mp3 info a quick look, they are compressed to 160k bit rate. would deffo be nice to have them in 320k, especially if they are arranged a bit differently to the album!

i think only the vinyl edition has a card in it, from what i can gather, if you buy cd or cd/dvd you load it onto your computer, then access the bonus content and it reads the info on your hard disk.

i could be completely wrong here, but its my take on it! ill see if i have a card when i get my vinyl next week :)
Posted Image

Defined a little more formally, "escape velocity" is the initial speed required to go from an initial point in a gravitational potential field to infinity with a residual velocity of zero, with all speeds and velocities measured with respect to the field

• Lurking about
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationHere

Posted 15 June 2010 - 9:19 PM

View Postklingklong23, on 15 June 2010 - 10:20 PM, said:

sorry to hear that some of you are having difficulty accessing the bonus material-we will get going on sorting it out....
the bonus stuff includes all the tracks in their separated form,they have slightly different arrangements to the segued album versions so some of you might dig it.also i was unaware that the files were not at least 320 -we'll try and get that improved too as nobody wants to listen to 160 mp3s now do they??!!
cheers
tom

Thanks for that info Tom, I hope it will be working soon at 320. At this moment I can open the bonus section site but when I try to download a track Internet Explorer can open/locate the file. Is the site maybe overcrowded?? (great album btw :grin: )

View Postchemdup, on 15 June 2010 - 10:42 PM, said:

yeah just gave the mp3 info a quick look, they are compressed to 160k bit rate. would deffo be nice to have them in 320k, especially if they are arranged a bit differently to the album!

i think only the vinyl edition has a card in it, from what i can gather, if you buy cd or cd/dvd you load it onto your computer, then access the bonus content and it reads the info on your hard disk.

i could be completely wrong here, but its my take on it! ill see if i have a card when i get my vinyl next week :)

Did you encounter any problems downloading Chemdup? Or is the bonussite overloaded at the moment?

• Brother
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 June 2010 - 9:27 PM

Yep same for me... Exploring the audio cd is giving me only 8 audio tracks... nothing else... nothing od the dvd either... the sticker on the box says to use the audio cd... don't know how?

Edit: ok i read the sticker again...
will fill up the form later and check if I got the bonus

• Dissolve
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 9:32 PM

you need to copy the cd to itunes or media player then access the web page listed, it then reads the info from your itunes etc.

make sure your browser enables pop up windows and the widget will open up for you...or should do

i got the info on the mp3 tracks bit rate from the files after i downloaded them from the web page you get to after you enter the competition
Posted Image

• Lurking about
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationHere

Posted 15 June 2010 - 9:38 PM

View Postchemdup, on 15 June 2010 - 11:32 PM, said:

you need to copy the cd to itunes or media player then access the web page listed, it then reads the info from your itunes etc.

In this case, do I select that I've got the cd or iTunes? Cause I can't go back a page and change my setting from cd to itunes.

• Dissolve
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 9:55 PM

"ive got the cd"

the itunes is only if you downloaded it from them
Posted Image

• 9 Pages
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users