TheChemicalBrothers.com - Official Forum for The Chemical Brothers: The Galloping Horse Silver Techno Tune - TheChemicalBrothers.com - Official Forum for The Chemical Brothers

home

Forum

The Galloping Horse Silver Techno Tune

• 2 Pages
  • +
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Spritual lifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 2:54 AM

View Postmippio, on 30 January 2013 - 3:13 PM, said:

amazing work pooter, a place in heaven awaits you.

downlaoding now for rave into work tomorrow!

such classic tunes on there, this was right around the tim eof the glint parties at heaven - hard to believe that was 10 years ago! time flies.

Kind of embarrassing--I was way hammered that night. There are actually two other times during the recording of this set that you can hear my trademark "woo-girl-guy" type of yell. In my defense, it was all out of love for Tom & Ed. ;-)

Nice IDs on those tracks, amigo.

• Brother
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 7:21 AM

Thanks for sharing Pooter. awesome to hear some crazy acid and old skool beats.

For the track listing: When the It began in Afrika part was playing I noticed Pioneer Skies (from come with us album) was in there along with Michael Jackson of course. And the demo version of Hey Boy Hey Girl is called the anti-nazi mix is that right? Ive heard it called that before.

Havent heard that charlatans remix at the start to which is cool. I love it when they play the full version of that "Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" sample too in there mixes.
Come out from the cold and into the setting sun. It's where it all began for me (not in Afrika), like it was out of control. Then after that life was sweet. So dream on into the pioneer skies of the fourteenth century and rise from the sunshine underground.

• Spritual lifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postmikl, on 01 February 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing Pooter. awesome to hear some crazy acid and old skool beats.

For the track listing: When the It began in Afrika part was playing I noticed Pioneer Skies (from come with us album) was in there along with Michael Jackson of course. And the demo version of Hey Boy Hey Girl is called the anti-nazi mix is that right? Ive heard it called that before.

Not a problem.

There are a bunch of samples from the Come with Us album: the vocal sample from It Began in Afrika; the beats from Pioneer Skies; vocal sample from Base 6; probably others I'm missing.

The Anti-Nazi Mix is a DJ set from quite some time ago mixed in the same way that Brothers Gonna Work It Out was mixed.

• Brother
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2013 - 1:38 PM

View PostMadPooter, on 03 February 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

There are a bunch of samples from the Come with Us album: the vocal sample from It Began in Afrika; the beats from Pioneer Skies; vocal sample from Base 6; probably others I'm missing.

It's a single track they used to DJ with as far as I know.

It's made up of the Jim Ingram 'Africa' sample, the drums from Resonance 'Yellow Train' (later used on Pioneer Skies) and the beats and bass-line from Sparks 'Beat The Clock'

I reckon it's one of the most exciting things they've done. So many fantastic memories of going nuts to that in various dark rooms - the bit where it shifts up a notch from those shifting Yellow Train drums and into Beat The Clock sends a shiver down my spine still.

#25 WhiteNoise   User is online

• Hmm... I was confused.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationPurdue University

Posted 03 February 2013 - 7:49 PM

Ed called it an early version, he did a "track-by-track" for Come With Us around release date:

09. Pioneer Skies
We think of people travelling to this piece of music - a voyage into the unknown, if you like. Tom's played the melody on a guitar for a long as I've known him. When we were in the studio he'd have the guitar out, playing it while we were talking... and now we've finally got around to recording it! The drums are from Yellow Train by Resonance. We used the same drums on an early version of It Began In Afrika.

Poots: thank you so much for posting this DJ set. It's insane, I'm still discovering Chems material I've never heard of before, like that Charlatans dub. Too bad the DJ set version was never released, it's a monster!
SAVE FERRIS FORUM

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

haven't listened to this set in a while. I can't believe this happened 10 years ago....damn

this is another boldcaptain production correct? Legend

View Posttom_rowlands_chemical_chi, on 08 January 2003 - 8:53 PM, said:

This old man,
he play beats,
He don't need no music sheets,
but with a snip-snip-snippy-snip
gave his mop a chop,
Old man hairstyles are a flop.

• Brother
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2013 - 5:58 PM

Poots: thank you so much for posting this DJ set. It's insane, I'm still discovering Chems material I've never heard of before, like that Charlatans dub. Too bad the DJ set version was never released, it's a monster!
[/quote]

I know would love to own that version of 'Feel the Pressure' I remember going mental to it at Turnmills on NYE

• K+D+B
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCGN CTY

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostMadPooter, on 29 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

00:00 Intro (MORTAL KOMBAT SAMPLE FTW)
01:00 Feel the Pressure - The Charlatans (Chemical Brothers Dub)

I can hear a bit of Wonders Of The Deep at the end of the intro and the start of Feel The Pressure.

• Brother
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postmippio, on 31 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Part 2
00:00 tata box inhibitors - plasmids
04:20 It Began in Afrika - The Chems (Demo Version??)
13:00 Josh wink - superfreak (dean coleman mix)
18:38 Galloping Horse Silver Techno Tune
28:00 Electronic Battle Weapon 6 - The Chems
36:00 dj zinc - 138 track (TUNE)
40:40 Unknown sample
41:05 Under the Influence - The Chems (Mix 2)
46:40 Floppy Sounds - LATE NIGHT (Felix Da Housecat & Tommie Sunshine's Thee Glitz Mix
50:00 Unknown sample
50:10 Carousel - Koenig Cylinders
56:38 sabes of paradise - smoke belch ii (david holmes mix) fuck me thats a good record

Part 3
00:00 Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa
00:48 Carlos "After Dark" Berrios – "Doin' It After Dark (D-Ski's Dance)"
02:48 Freestyle – "Don't Stop the Rock"
05:50 Unknown Sample
06:23 Electronic Battle Weapon 7 (a.k.a. Acid Children)
13:23 Nude Night
17:58 Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chems (Demo Version??)
23:10 what you waiting for - jungle brothers (sample - part of the hbhg/lonely hearts club edit)
23:36 Pepperland - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Chems Edit)
25:13 Out of Control - The Chems
31:56 Trisco - musak
38:21 Song to the Siren - The Chems
42:51 Sound and Vision - David Bowie

• 2 Pages
  • +
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users